About Our Community Service Foundation
"The purpose or purposes for which the corporation is organized are to support and strengthen the community through charitable donations, volunteer work, education, and charitable housing initiatives. The corporation is specifically authorized to develop and implement grant and/or loan programs to rehabilitate, repair and beautify real property, including privately owned real property, provide disaster and relocation assistance programs for natural disasters and displaced persons, and other programs consistent with such purpose."
There are many sources of contributions within our membership who will give outside of faith-based commitments through the real estate industry they work and love.
To maximize the community service effort of our association, the Arlington Board of REALTORS authorized the establishment of a "tax-exempt, charitable foundation" named the Arlington Board of REALTORS Community Service Foundation (ARBOR CSF) in 2007.
It is the Foundation's goal to use 100% of funds raised or donated to go to important programs and projects within our local community.
As our community grows, there are also growing needs for those that need help within our community. There are opportunities to serve those that strategically fit our purpose in the community. Some of the opportunities to help are;
- Individual housing and community housing related improvement projects.
- Housing supplemental financial support for medical dependent homeowners or apartment dwellers or our own members.
- Helping change temporary housing status of families.
- Expanding educational scholarships and creating internship opportunities.
- Expand our relationship with existing organizations like the Boys and Girls Clubs of Arlington.
- Creating new relationships with new organizations and fill needs not currently met.
The Board of Advisors consists of Board, business and community leaders who volunteer their time and efforts in directing the Foundation's activities and projects for worthwhile and needy community projects and individuals.
Community Services Committee
Our Community Services Committee consists of members who volunteer their time and efforts to needing and worthwhile projects within our community on behalf of ARBOR and the Foundation.
The ARBOR Community Service Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity