In 1908, real estate
brokers began to formulate standards that would upgrade business
practice behavior in their industry ... thus the CODE OF ETHICS
began to be formulated that established the fiduciary
relationship, self discipline and the protection of the public.
In 1913, the Code was adopted ... in 1924, it was obligatory for
"Under all is the land. Upon its wise utilization and widely
allocated ownership depend the survival and growth of free
institutions and of our ... SO BEGINS THE PREAMBLE OF THE
CODE OF ETHICS THAT ALL REALTORS® PLEDGE THEMSELVES TO ABIDE BY.
It was back in the Fall of 1948 that a few interested real
estate brokers in Arlington, recognized the need to develop
professionalism in their industry. The group began work that
culminated in the organization of the ARLINGTON BOARD OF
REALTORS®. On January 20, 1949, the big event took place at the
Branding Iron Cafe on East Division, the first Officers were
installed. Edgar Bird, President; D. M. Ramsey, Vice President;
and Betty Nelson, Secretary-Treasurer. The other charter Members
were Helen C. Wessler, R. J. Murray and Joe Elder.
Although few in number, this group was intrepid. They met every
Friday at noon for lunch. Whatever they lacked, it wasn't
"togetherness" or "consistency!" An occasional meeting was
programmed with a speaker, and prospective members and
interested business people were invited.
58 years later, ARBOR has over 1700 members
and covers SE Tarrant County. In February of 2007, ARBOR moved
in to their new facilities of over 10,000 sq ft, after purchasing
the land and going through the construction process. These new
facilities will offer room for expansion and growth for
many years to come.
Today, the National Association of REALTORS® is one of the largest trade
associations in the nation. To keep the Association strong, it's
the duty of each REALTOR® Member to be sure the Code of Ethics is